VIZIO - HELP me, I'm your customer

This is an impassioned plea for help. I'm a customer of Vizio and I hope someone from their customer service department can see this.....I dont know how else to reach you from 12,000 miles away.

Fine - right up front I'll admit - I made a mistake. I bought my 42" LCD 1080p (GV 42LF Gallevia series) from dell in late April, 2008. It was my going away from the US gift to my wife and I - a full HD, LCD TV that would keep us entertained and remind us of our days in the US. We had to go through quite an adventure convincing the customs guy it was a legitimate purchase  and that too for only for about $1000 (we actually bought it for only $1100) and then had to go through the hoops to get a Tata Sky subscription.....before we hooked up the home theater and the wii (we had to buy a transformer for all this..!) and voila - it was GRAND...! I loved watching cricket on the large screen - obviously with the picture quality being 480i in INdia, it wasnt the prettiest sight, but it had always been my dream to watch cricket on a large screen and there, right in front of my eyes was the largest screen I had seen cricket on - and it was in my own house....!!

The dream was to be shortlived though - one day the TV went blank (just 60 days into using the machine) - the standby light gets on - but nothing else - the screen is black. I tried changing the electricity source from the transformer to straight from the wall (110v to 240v A/C) and it wouldnt listen.....it had died - after an all too brief time of providing joy. I called customer service for Vizio - and they tried helping me - turn it off, pull out the plug and push it back on......still doesnt turn on - oh we'll have to send out a technician sir - can i have your address?, sir....sir, u still on? - there was silence - how could I tell them, I was in India - their warranty was null and void here?

Yes, I made a mistake....I know the warranty is null and void. I dont know how to get it repaired - I'm loathe to hand it over to freelancers in India, who might merrily replace parts and give it back to me in an inferior condition......I cant take it back to the US to get it repaired....Oh Vizio - what do I do with you?

someone in VIZIO - if you can read this - HELP......you'll get a mascot for life, you'll get a customer for life....I'll be indebted and I'll show it. HELP......I love my tv and want it back......and I dont know what to do but ask for help - dont throw the rule book at me and say sorry, the warranty doesnt work......HELP get my VIZIO back to life. 

If there is someone in vizio who is reading this - you can reach me at simplyanand@yahoo.com. I live in the Indian capital - New Delhi.

Comments

Popular Posts